2008 R2 Roaming Profile
Server 2008 R2 Version 2 Roaming profile, here is a step-to-step practice:
1. Prepare the roaming user profile
* Log on to a Windows Machine with the domain user account to produce a user profile.
* Change the settings, desktop and look of the machine as you want it to look like for the user
* Log off the computer.
* Log on to the Windows machine with a domain administrator account.
* Click Start--->right-click Computer--->Properties--->Advanced System Settings--->Advanced--->User Profiles Settings…--->Select the profile ---->Settings--->Copy To. Copy the profile to the file server, such as '\\filesrv\profiles\username.v2'
Note: A ".v2" suffix to the name of the user profile folder on the file server must be added to distinguish between version 1 and version 2 profiles.
- In Permitted to use, click Change. Type the proper users or groups and then click OK.
2. Prepare the user Profile path setting
- In the Active Directory Users and Computers, type the profile location such as '\\filesrv\profiles\username' in the user's Profile path attributes.
Note: Do NOT add ".v2" to the Profile path of the user object. This indicates that for Windows Server 2008 it will load the profile from 'username.v2' folder and for former Windows operating systems they will load from 'username' folder if it exists.
If you manually create user profile folder, please check the NTFS and share permission on the roaming profile share folder.
- Locate the roaming profile share folder, and check the NTFS permission to make sure that the user, SYSTEM, and administrators have Full Controller permission on their folders and all sub-folder under the roaming profile folder has inherited proper permission.
- Check the share permission to ensure that Everyone has Full Control permission.
Please pay attention to the Event logs in Windows Logs--->Application. User Profile Service will log events to show the reason why the roaming profile is not applied
if you need help setting up your roaming profiles for your network.
Call Pathway Solutions,Inc. http://itpws.com/
|| Sys Admin